The Grand Hall
Tjolöholms Slott, 439 74 Fjärås
The grand hall is the room that welcomes all guests to the castle. According to British tradition it is the centre of the castle. There is a large open fire that symbolises the hospitality of the house. One wall in the hall is dominated by the magnificent painting “The Queen of Sheba” by the artist Julius Kronberg. There is also an English 18th century grandfather clock that chimes like Big Ben in London, this also being a reminder of the Dickson family’s British roots.
Slottskyrkan, The Castle Church
Tjolöholms byväg 73, 439 74 Fjärås
Slottskyrkan, the castle church, which was completed in 1904, was designed by one of the most famous Art Nouveau architects in Sweden, Hans Hedlund (1855–1931). He designed many famous buildings in Gothenburg, including the special “tomtehuset” and the school Schillerska gymnasiet on Vasagatan. Hans Hedlund designed buildings that were particularly striking and his architecture is extremely typical of the period. He derived his inspiration from Italy and the US.